A new craze that is taking over the world of health and fitness in the Whole30 Program. The Whole30 involves removing certain food groups, such as sugars, grains, dairy, and legumes, from your diet completely. In a sense you are hitting the “reset” button to help change your metabolism, and the effects certain foods have had on your body.
This program is designed to change your life by changing your habits and food cravings. Learn more about the Whole30 Program including what you should and should not eat. If you want to test out a recipe or two before fully committing, check out the Whole30 meals below. Swap out two meals this week with these Whole30 favorites, and see how your tastebuds feel. We’re sure you will be pleasantly surprised.
Roasted Cabbage with Almond Sesame Sauce & Herbs
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- salt, pepper, granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup salted almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tbs coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachio meats
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Jazz up your veggies with roasted cabbage.This recipe has a thai-inspired almond sauce that is mildly spicy for the perfect kick. It’s simple to make and topped off with fresh herbs and pistachio meat nuts. Don’t forget to spritz on some lime juice for even more flavor! View the full recipe here.
Crispy Chicken Skillet with Artichokes, Beets, Lemon & Olives
- 1 Tbs lard (or other cooking fat/oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole
- 6 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic (to taste– I tend to be pretty liberal with this dish)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- I cup chicken stock
- 1 candy cane beet, peeled and chopped (if you can’t find a candy cane beet, any beet will do)
- 6 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Juice of 1 lemon
What’s better than chicken? How about crispy chicken! The combination of the beets and the olives leaves a sweet and salty taste on your tongue. This dish takes about 30 minutes to prepare. Be sure to top the dish off by juicing a lemon over top! View the full recipe here.
Neighbors Emergency Center supports your start to a healthier lifestyle. Check our Facebook page to stay updated on what Neighbors is doing and new center openings. With our 24-hour emergency rooms throughout the Houston metro area, we can treat you quickly and effectively so you can get back to doing what you love.