When you’re cooking in the kitchen, lemon can be used multiple ways. From the citrusy flavor of lemon juice, to simply garnishing your dish with a bright and vibrant color, there are many uses. Lighten up your dishes with these fresh, zesty recipes from the The Food Network.
Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 2 pounds raw frozen shrimp, deveined, shells on
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- Crusty bread, for serving
If you love shrimp, you’re going to love the burst of lemon flavor in this recipe. Process the butter, parsley, salt, red pepper, garlic, and lemon. Sprinkle over the shrimp, and then bake the shrimp until it is opaque. Finally, serve with hot, crusty bread.
Lemon and Oregano Chicken
- One 4- to 4 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, cut into 1-inch-thick pieces through the stem
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 2 medium leeks, white part only, sliced into 1 1/2-inch rounds and rinsed
- One 14-ounce can whole artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 5 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
Begin by browning the chicken on both sides, in the pan. Remove the chicken and heat the remaining ingredients until softened. Put the chicken back into the pan, and transfer the pan to the oven to continue baking. Garnish with oregano before serving.
Sauteed Green Beans with Lemon and Blue Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or other hot sauce
- Fresh lemon juice, as needed
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Add the green beans to butter and oil, stirring until they begin to color. Next, add in the worcestershire, sriracha, and lemon juice. Continue cooking until crisp and tender. Finally, top with crumbled blue cheese before serving.
Neighbors Emergency Center has multiple centers opening in Texas and a location in Rhode Island. Our hybrid emergency room and urgent care facility, Neighbors Emergency Center and Next Door Urgent Care, is located in Colorado. Be sure to check out our Facebook Page for neighborly news and updates.