When trying to be health conscious it is important to always keep ourselves full and avoid moments of hunger that lead us to eating unhealthy snacks that we later regret. To do this, it is important to be prepared! Check out our list of 15 snack foods with 50 calories or less. These foods are perfect for on-the-go, are easy to prepare and are not hard to find in your local grocery store. Happy munching!
1. 1 large carrot has just 30 calories and has a solid portion guaranteed to fill you up.
2. 1 Kiwi is 41 calories and is delicious when paired with yogurt for a great morning snack.
3. An average slice of deli ham is about 34 calories and is a great low-sodium option.
4. Mandarin oranges are a smart choice because of their vitamin C, and sweet taste. Each on is only 23 calories.
5. A half serving of a nectarine is about 30 calories which means you can eat half of this deliciously sweet fruit for breakfast, and save the rest for an afternoon snack.
6. A half serving of a nectarine is about 30 calories which means you can eat half of this deliciously sweet fruit for breakfast, and save the rest for an afternoon snack.
7. Radishes have an acquired peppery taste and pair well with salads and cheese. A half cup serving is only 9 calories.
8. Rice cakes are gluten free, and a fantastic substitute for bread—not to mention only 26 calories.
9. Because Brussels sprouts are about 90% water, and you can eat a full cup for only 40 calories.
10. 1 cup of arugula is only 5 calories, so fill your plate with this leafy green for a delicious guilt free salad.
11. Asparagus is packed with antioxidants, pairs great in recipes and you can have 5 spears for 15 calories.
12. Fulfill your pasta cravings by shaving down 1 cup of zucchini at only 20 calories—ingenious!
13. Swiss chards are rich in Vitamins C, K, and A, and are delicious when sautéed. 1 cup has 35 calories.
14. Sauerkraut is a fermented food that provides beneficial bacteria to your body. Enjoy a whole cup and improve your immune system for only 45 calories.
15. Bell peppers are full of vitamin C, and a colorful addition to any lunchtime snack. 1 medium sized bell pepper is only 31 calories.
Neighbors Emergency Center supports your start to a healthier lifestyle. If you are in the Midland area visit our new emergency center, located at 5409 West Wadley Ave., Midland, Texas, 79707. We have even more locations opening up this year including including a Tyler location! Read the beat and check NEC Facebook to learn more. With a 24 Hour Emergency Rooms throughout the Houston metro area, we can treat you quickly and effectively so you can get back to doing what you love.